- Certified Appraisals
- Desktop Appraisals
- Future Value Projections
- Book Value
- Aircraft Acquisitions
- Expert Witness
- Broker Services
A Certified Appraisal involves a physical examination of the subject aircraft and its records. The appraiser certifies through his own due diligence that the appraised value is accurate based on information obtained firsthand. While other forms of appraisals rely on aircraft specifications provided by outside sources, a Certified Appraisal leaves no doubt as to the accuracy of the information used to determine market value. This type of appraisal allows the appraiser to document the condition of the airframe, paint, and interior of the aircraft with detailed digital photos which are included in the body of the summary appraisal report. The on-site inspection also gives the appraiser an opportunity to thoroughly review the aircraft logbooks, and the ability to determine the quality of maintenance history as well as the presence of any past or present damage to the aircraft. This type of appraisal produces the most accurate and detailed appraisal report that we offer.
Reliable & Trustworthy Appraisals
This type of appraisal relies on information provided by the client or another outside source. A Desktop Appraisal is still able to comply with the standards set forth by USPAP; however numerous assumptions must normally be made. The appraised value will only be as accurate as the information provided to Air Appraisal Company. Because the information and status of the subject aircraft have not been independently verified by one of our appraisers, we cannot certify the accuracy of appraised value. That being said, we still employ our full resources of available comparable data and market trends to the appraisal process, and the value can be expected to be accurate as long as the source of information provided can be relied on.
Future Value Projections
We use historical value data and trends, along with current and projected economic indicators, in order to estimate future values. Contact us to discuss your specific aircraft model.
There are two publications that report “book values” for aircraft. One is Aircraft Bluebook Price Digest, and the other is Vref Publishing. We routinely refer to these books for general pricing information, as well as other very useful information contained within. However, these books do not provide an acceptable alternative to a certified appraisal, for a number of reasons. Even the publications themselves state clearly that they are intended only as a guide, and are not to be considered to reflect all factors in the appraisal process. Books are printed quarterly and are updated on sales information willingly provided by outside sources. The lag time between market sales reports and the book publication can be as long as 6 months. In addition, a book cannot determine the effect on the value of damage history. Nor can it adjust to rapidly changing market conditions. If you are interested in the reported book value of your aircraft, give us a call and we would be happy to discuss it with you.
Finding the right aircraft is a time-consuming and involved process. Western Aviation can make the process easy for you by acting as your purchasing agent. We will do all of the legwork and provide the best possible options – you make the decisions.
Why Western Aviation?
- Western Aviation specializes in aircraft values, we are able to provide you with the advantage of the knowledge of the most recent market trends for the specific aircraft model that you are seeking. We will negotiate the best purchase price possible armed with the most recent market data.
- We have access to the entire market for the specific aircraft model that you wish to purchase, including aircraft that may not be publicly listed.
- You will be working with an agent who is also an Accredited Senior Appraiser with ASA, as well as a Senior Appraiser with the NAAA. Although we will not be acting in the capacity of “appraiser” for this service, it does guarantee that a professionally trained aircraft appraiser will be representing your interests when selecting an aircraft based on current market conditions. This is an advantage not offered through most brokerages.
- We don’t accept “kickbacks” or finder’s fees from seller’s brokers. Our fees are paid solely by you, our client. This ensures that your interests are protected without bias.
- We take pride in our work. Our goal is to earn your business as a long-term client, and we will go the extra mile to make that happen.
Whether you need an expert in aircraft valuation, or in any other segment of the aviation industry, our career aviation professionals are able to provide sound advice and guidance for almost any aviation-related issue you may have. If we feel that we are not able to offer the expertise that your situation dictates, we will gladly refer you to a specialist who can meet your requirements.
Ideal for banks, buyers, refinance departments, insurance companies, and attorneys.